Sunday, June 28, 2015

Pickled Green Papaya

My next blog is to choose one item which we can do it in pickling, preserving, and/or fermenting. I chose to do the Green Papaya for pickling. Pickling is which the food is preserved in vinegar. This is one kind of a dish that can enhance the taste buds.

I made the step-by-step procedure on how to make this papaya.

Papaya:
I peeled the papaya and I took off the seeds and grated it.




I put the papaya in cheese cloth and squeeze it until the liquid comes off to take out the bitterness of it.

Carrots:
I peeled the carrots and Julienne it.


Bell Pepper:
Took off the seeds and cut it into Julienne.


Ginger:
Cut it into Julienne.




Garlic:
Peeled and thinly sliced.



Shallots:
Peeled and divided into 8 slices.



White and Brown Sugar:


Peppercorn:


Vinegar:


Into a pot, combine vinegar, salt, white sugar, peppercorn, ginger, garlic and brown sugar. Bring to boil.










Add the bell peppers, carrots, and shallots. Remove from heat.




Pour the mixture into the papaya and toss it.





Let it sit for 2 hours.



Ready to put it into a jar!




This will be ready to serve after 12 hours. It can be served with a fried meat or a fried fish.





When I tried to eat this dish, I knew that this pickled papaya is also good to eat with chicken and pork barbecue.  The taste was just wonderful because of the flavors of the ginger and the peppercorns along with the vegetables (green papaya, ginger, carrots, red pepper). It not too sour nor sweet because it has the perfect combination of the sugar and vinegar.










No comments:

Post a Comment